How to play games in the metaverse is a question that often pops up in the minds of people who are new to metaverse gaming. The ability to give players proof of their ownership of in-game items that can be tracked and verified expands the gaming environment and ties it to the real-world economy. This concept has gained momentum, enabling the emergence of the two decentralized metaverse games, Decentraland (MANA) and Axie Infinity.
Let’s find out more about the Metaverse games and how one can play games on the Axie Infinity metaverse and the Decentraland metaverse.
Metaverse Games 101
A rapidly expanding new area, the metaverse has given rise to new digital environments. We must have a solid understanding of both the metaverse and metaverse games before we examine how to play them.
Humans can play, “live”, and function digitally thanks to the metaverse, a composite digital world that combines augmented reality, extended reality, and virtual reality.
Simply defined, the metaverse can be thought of as a virtual representation of our actual world. So, what are the metaverse games, then?
A metaverse is a place where players can interact with others while representing themselves as avatars, either through online apps or games. Playing metaverse games is similar to playing real-life games.
There are a variety of metaverse games, including open-world games, cryptocurrency assets, virtual reality, live-streaming, and social media apps. A metaverse game takes place in real-time, unlike many digital games today.
Players require fast internet connections and virtual equipment to properly enjoy a metaverse game like Decentraland or Axie Infinity.
How To Play Games on The Metaverse
The following is a brief guide on how to play games on Axie Infinity and Decentraland Metaverse:
Axie Infinity Metaverse
- To store cryptocurrency, you will first need to purchase an Ethereum-based wallet. Metamask is a reliable wallet that is simple to use.
- Now, create a ronin wallet. It serves as the wallet for storing assets and in-game items on the ronin blockchain. You can download it from the Chrome Web Store.
- Visit the Axie marketplace and log in using your ronin wallet after creating your ronin wallet to create an account.
- You must link to your Ethereum-based wallet through your account’s “account settings” after creating your account.
- To begin playing the game, you must purchase three Axies (game monsters) from the Axie market. Due to its growing popularity, Axies now costs about 0.15 ether (ETH), or about $300. As a substitute, you could take part in a scholarship scheme.
- These initiatives were launched by other Axie owners who lease their devices in exchange for a share of SLP profits.
- You only need to download the game and start playing once your Axie account has been activated and you have the required amount of Axies.
- Start a web browser, then navigate to the primary website. You have the choice of playing as a guest or using your money when you first open the page. It is advised to use a digital wallet because it allows you access to the entire game.
- If you select the “play with digital wallet” feature, you must link your preferred wallet to the game.
- You’ll be asked to log in after your wallet has been connected. You’ll be taken to the page where you can customize your avatar.
- You can change your avatar’s head, torso, top, bottom, shoes, and extras on the avatar modification page.
- After creating your character’s features, give them a name.
- You are now prepared to discover Decentraland.
- You can either opt to purchase any available piece of land in the game, or you can roam about other people’s homes and lands with your character.
Metaverse is a great way to spend some quality time in virtual reality. One must have a proper understanding of the metaverse and how to play metaverse to fully enjoy the functioning of a metaverse gaming feature.
Check More Of Our Content Down Below